- 2 tsp olive oil (30 mL)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 can white navy beans, drained and rinsed (540mL)
- 1 can lima beans, drained and rinsed (398 mL)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (398 mL)
- 1 cup California Prunes, cut into quarters (250 mL)
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock (875 mL)
- ½ tbsp freshly chopped rosemary (8 mL)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large deep pan add oil and onions and sauté until onions are softened.
- Add garlic and beans, stir and cook for 1 minute before adding tomatoes, California Prunes, cabbage and stock.
- Add rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 10–12 minutes, until the cabbage is just cooked.
- Divide between 4 soup bowls and serve.