- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ bulb of fennel, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 150 mL dry white wine
- 200 g risotto rice (Carnaroli/Arborio) 1l vegetable stock
- 150 g California Prunes
- 100 g fontina cheese
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a large saucepan. Add onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the chopped fennel bulb, butternut squash, grated garlic and wine. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan 100ml at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next 100ml. Stir often to make sure that none of the ingredients stick to the pan.
- When the rice is cooked, but still slightly al dente, add the chopped California Prunes to the pan, and stir.
- Cut the cheese into large cubes, then add to the pan and stir
Top with some chopped California Prunes and squares of cheese, and enjoy!