Slow Roasted Ribs with Orange and California Prune Maple BBQ Sauce
Your tastebuds will fall for this perfect blend of citrus and savoury flavours. This homemade BBQ sauce will become a staple for glazing your favourite meats during grilling season. This dish is definitely one to cook if you’re looking to impress your friends and family! Make this delicious California Prunes, Orange and Maple BBQ glaze for your meats this grilling season and create the perfect dish for your backyard barbecues.
- 1 x rack of ribs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Your favourite BBQ dry rub
- 2 cups of California Prunes, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups of orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Season the ribs liberally with the BBQ dry rub and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Wrap the ribs in tin foil. Just before you seal it, add in half of the orange juice.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast ribs for 2 hours.
- While the ribs roast, add all of the “sauce” ingredients into a medium sized sauce pot and simmer slowly until thick. Transfer sauce to a blender and blend until smooth
- Heat your BBQ to medium temperature. Once the ribs are done, unwrap them and brush with orange and California Prune BBQ sauce.
- Place ribs on the grill and turn every few minutes while continuing to brush with BBQ sauce. Once ribs are grilled and saucy, serve them up!