Radish Carpaccio with Prune & Miso Dressing
Prunes help to thicken this vinaigrette dressing and give it a nice, sweet flavor. It adds great balance to the tangy radish salad.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Mark Liberman and the California Prune Board.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup California Prunes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large watermelon radishes, very thinly sliced
- 8 Easter egg radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped California Prunes
- Fresh mint leaves
1. To prepare dressing, bring wine to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour over Prunes and set aside to steep for 30 minutes. Place in a blender with remaining dressing ingredients and puree until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
2. To prepare salad, stir together olive oil, poppy seeds, salt, lemon juice and zest in a medium bowl. Add Easter egg radishes and toss lightly to coat.
3. Line 4 plates with watermelon radishes. Arrange Easter egg radishes over the top and sprinkle with Prunes. Drizzle with Prune Dressing and garnish with mint leaves.