- 1 cup (250 mL) Quinoa
- 5 oz. (140g) Feta Cheese
- 12 California Prunes, finely sliced lengthways
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Dried oregano
- 2 Cooked beets, chopped
- 16 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- Pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium high and cook onion, garlic, celery and California Prunes, and oregano for 2 mins. Add two tablespoons (30 mL) water and cook for 1 more min. until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add prune mixture to quinoa and mix well.
- Add in beets, tomatoes and parsley.
- Add the lemon juice and pepper. Place salad in large serving dish and garnish with crumbled feta. Cover and chill before serving.