PruTein Muffins (Prunes Protein muffins)
Even if you’re not a fan of prunes, you’ll love these quick and easy healthy Prunes Protein Muffins! Not only are prunes a good source of fiber but are also super food that contains vitamin B & K and antioxidants which all work together to protect bone, gut and heart health. Enjoy these delicious muffins either as a sweet breakfast or as a post workout snack.
Recipe by @stylinbycatherine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of pure liquid honey
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of California prunes
- 4 scoops of collagen protein powder
- 1-1/2 cups of natural almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of oven roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of pecans
- Pinch of organic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, honey, vanilla, shredded carrots and prunes. Beat until smooth. Then add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into mixture until just moistened. Mix in pecans and sunflower seeds. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean