Prunes and Mascarpone Parfait
By: Eve Martel (@evemartel)
California Prunes are the spotlight in this gourmet parfait! Chopped in the mascarpone, the prunes allow for a sweet velvety dessert. Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, prunes also provide us with 3g of fiber per serving of 4-5 prunes.
Whether whole, mashed or sliced, they are super versatile in morning oatmeal or salads. It’s one of my dad’s favourite foods so I’ve been eating prunes since I was little!
They are also inexpensive and keep for a very long time stored in an airtight container.
- 4-5 California Prunes
- 75mL mascarpone
- 10 fresh raspberries
- 175mL whipped cream
- 3-4 small amaretto style cookies or other crumbly cookies
- Fresh mint leaf for garnish
- Chop the prunes into small pieces
- In a bowl, mix the prunes with the mascarpone and place in the bottom of a glass
- Add the raspberries and cover with whipped cream
- Break up cookies and spread on top
- Add a prune in the center before covering with whipped cream
- Add a layer of whole prunes and finish with the last layer of whipped cream
- Decorate with fresh mint, a whole biscuit, a raspberry and half a prune