- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Prune Puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepared pasta sauce and cooked spaghetti (optional) or Cajun Prune Barbecue Sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Form mixture into 20 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. (For best flavor and appearance, form and cook meatballs immediately after mixing meat mixture.)
- Place meatballs on baking sheet; bake 18 to 22 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until no longer pink in centers and juices show no pink color.
- Serve as a main dish with your favorite pasta sauce and spaghetti or as an appetizer with Cajun Prune Barbecue Sauce for dipping.
- In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (4 ounces) pitted Prunes and 3 tablespoons water; process on and off until finely chopped. (Makes 1/2 cup)