- 1 cup California Prunes, chopped
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon paper covered baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar substitute, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl, mix to ensure the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Beat the egg, then stir in the buttermilk, vanilla and oil. Lightly stir the egg mix into the flour.
- Fold the prunes into the mixture.
- Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, distribute the dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten the dough mounds slightly so they’re uniformly about 2 inches high to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold. 5 tsp ground cinnamon