Pancetta-wrapped California Prunes Stuffed with Gorgonzola
The best Gorgonzola to use is a firm one, as it won’t ooze out as easily as soft gorgonzola when baked. The pancetta strips used in this recipe were about 8 inches long, which can wrap around the prunes a few times.
- 20 (180g) California Prunes
- ½ cup (90g) Gorgonzola cheese
- 20 strips pancetta
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Make a slit in each prune with a knife.
- Stuff each prune with just a little less than 1tsp of Gorgonzola.
- Wrap with a strip of pancetta and secure with a toothpick.
- Place prunes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 mins, or until pancetta is slightly crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Top with fresh thyme if desired. Serve warm.