- 1 1/3 cups whole-wheat orzo (8 ounces)
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon (2 tablespoons juice)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (2 tablespoons juice)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup California Prunes, finely diced
- 5 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios
- 4 cups packed baby arugula (4 ounces)
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- While orzo is cooking, whisk together in a large bowl the lemon and lime juices, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper.
- Drain the orzo. Add the hot, drained orzo and diced prunes to the citrus vinaigrette in the large bowl and stir to fully coat. Set aside to slightly cool, then chill the orzo mixture.
- When ready to serve, stir in the scallions, mint, pistachios, desired amount of the lime and lemon zest (about 1 teaspoon each), and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Then stir in the arugula until well combined, and serve.