Lee Chopped California Prune Salad
A refreshing Asian inspired salad with lettuce, cabbage, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, radish, tossed in a turmeric ginger vinaigrette, and topped with crushed corn nuts, goji berries and California Prunes. Recipe courtesy of Chef Oomed of PLANTA Queen.
- 120g baby gem lettuce
- 120g grape tomatoes
- 150g corn nuts
- 120g red cabbage
- 120g white cabbage
- 60g red radish
- 60g pea tendrils (for garnish)
- 20g goji berries
- 60g corn nuts
- 120g California Prunes
- 20g grated ginger
- 30g grated fresh turmeric
- 55g agave syrup
- 110g rice wine vinegar
- 85g olive oil
- 7g salt
- 25g sugar
- Chop baby gem lettuce into quarter pieces.
- Slice red and white cabbages into thin slices.
- Pan fry fresh corn kernels on a pan with olive oil and salt, preheat oven to 350°F, and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Dice grape tomatoes.
- Hydrate goji berries in room temperature water.
- Slice California Prunes in halves.
- Slice radish into thin pieces.
- Crush corn nuts.
- Mix grated ginger, turmeric, agave syrup, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and sugar together until combined.
- Toss all ingredients into a large bowl, with a turmeric vinaigrette, season with salt for preference.
- Garnish with pea tendrils, roasted corn nuts and California Prunes.
- Plate & serve.