Homemade California Prune Protein Energy Bars
Recipe by “Trisha Enriquez (@trishaenriquez)
These California Prune Protein Energy bars are loaded with all the goodness with prunes and so much more! Prunes are not only good for digestive health, they are also a superfood packed with antioxidants (plus vitamins and minerals) that can help boost overall immunity and support bone health.
- 1 cup (250 mL) California Prunes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chocolate protein powder
- Sprinkle in dark chocolate chips as you desire
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Spray an 8×4 pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut up the California Prunes. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together.
- Stir until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Spread mixture into pan evenly. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool fully before cutting into bars.
- Enjoy the goodness of these bars with your loved ones!
- Store in an airtight container.