Holiday Prune Bark with White Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry
The perfect treat to serve guests over the holidays, to bring to a cookie exchange, or as a holiday hostess gift, this Prune Bark with White Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry is simple to make, uses just a handful of ingredients, and comes together in no time at all. It starts with a layer of rich California Prunes, smothered in white chocolate, then sprinkled with sweet cranberries and salty pistachios.
Recipe by Philip Lago & Mystique Mattai @chef.souschef
- 500g | 3 cups | 750ml California Prunes
- 9oz | 250g white chocolate
- 1/2 cup | 125ml | 65g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp | 45 ml | 20g chopped salted pistachios
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper, approximately 12” x 18”. Place 1 piece of parchment on a cutting board or sheet pan.
- Arrange the California Prunes on the parchment, allowing them to overlap, and leaving about 3”- 4” edge on the parchment.
- Cover with the second parchment and flatten the prunes using a rolling pin or pressing firmly with your palms, to a thickness of approximately 1/4”. Remove the parchment paper and rearrange California Prunes that go over the edge of the parchment, and to fill any large gaps in the California Prune base.
- Create a double boiler by bringing inch of water to a boil in a small saucepan and placing a heat safe bowl overtop. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir occasionally until completely smooth and melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the California Prunes and use a spatula to spread it out in an even layer, ensuring all the prunes are covered.
- Sprinkle with the dried cranberries and pistachios. Lightly press the top to set the ingredients in the chocolate.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill for 30-40 minutes, until the chocolate is set and prunes firm.
- Cut the bark into 12 squares and arrange on a plate to serve.