Gingerbread Prune Cake
Recipe by: @extrasparklesplease
Baking as a family is a great way to create memories over the holidays. This recipe checks everything off when it comes to taste and not so secret ingredient, California Prunes elevates it.
Whether you are hosting a party or enjoying time with loved ones, the spices and smell from this cake SCREAMS its the most wonderful time of the year. With each bite of sweet the California Prunes add the perfect taste to balance out all the flavours and keep you craving more.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup California Prunes (cut in quarters)
- Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your bundt pan.
Whisk all dry ingredients (minus the brown sugar) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl with a hand mixer add brown sugar and all your wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mix into the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Fold in your cup of California Prunes
Pour the batter into your bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and flip onto your cake stand.
- Garnish with icing sugar and upside down rosemary for a forest affect