Feta Stuffed California Prunes
Where salty meets tartness; these refreshing Feta Stuffed Prunes by try Chef Christopher Kassab are delicious snack to share with guests. This snack is the perfect way to try the delicious flavours of California Prunes paired with the creaminess of whipped feta and the contrasting notes of mint and pomegranate.
- 24 California Prunes
- 125 g Canadian Feta cheese
- 120 mL heavy cream
- 60 mL heavy cream
- Pepper to taste
- Zest of half a lemon
- 24 small mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Pomegranate molasses
- Combine feta and 120 ml of cream in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Whip remaining cream until medium peaks are formed.
- Fold cream into feta mixture, and season with pepper and lemon zest.
- Using your thumb, make a small divot in each California prune, forming it into a cup.
- Pipe or scoop feta mousse into each California prune. Garnish with a mint leaf and pomegranate seeds.
- Right before serving drizzle pomegranate molasses over top.
Why it pairs with California prunes:
- used whole for their beautiful soft texture
- balances the tart and saltiness of the feta
- adds an umami/meaty element
- the pomegranate brings in an astringent quality
- the mint a fresh herbal note, for contrast