- a thin white sponge cake (approx. 8 inches wide X 12 inches long)
- Rum syrup (1 Tbsp. dark rum, 1 Tbsp. water, 1 tsp. granulated white sugar)
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 20 California Prunes, cut in half + 4 to 5 whole prunes for the top
- 4 oz of white chocolate
- assorted milk or dark chocolates for the top
- 1 Tbsp. icing sugar
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the thin white sponge cake on top.
- Brush the cake lightly with the rum syrup.
- Whip the cream with the granulated white sugar until stiff.
- Using a spatula, spread 1 ½ cups of the whipped cream on top of the sponge cake and sprinkle the California prune halves over top.
- With the help of the parchment paper, roll up the sponge cake and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 min.
- Take the log out of the fridge, cover the cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Using a peeler or a cheese planer, create shards of white chocolate.
- Top the cake with white chocolate shards, 4 to 5 whole California prunes and assorted milk or dark chocolates.
- Using a fine strainer, dust the cake with icing sugar.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready-to-serve.