- 2 pounds thin carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspooon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted Prunes (about 6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
- Cut carrots into 1-inch pieces on diagonal. Drop carrots into boiling salted water. Cook 5 minutes after they return to the boil or until tender but not mushy. Drain.
- In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, paprika, cinnamon, cumin and salt. Add carrots, Prunes and cilantro. Mix together gently. Mound in serving bowl or on 6 individual plates; sprinkle with sesame seed.