Apple, Prune & Cheddar Salad Skewers
These Apple, California Prune & Cheddar Salad Skewers are such a quick and easy appetizer idea packed with bone-building ingredients! They’re the perfect combination of sweet and savoury flavours, and both soft and crunchy textures. Serve them at your next gathering or enjoy as a healthy at-home snack!
- 1 medium-large apple (ideally a variety that is sweet and crunchy)
- 115 grams (4 ounces) of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- 16-20 California Prunes
- 2 tsp honey, to drizzle
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Slice cheddar cheese into ½-inch cubes. Remove core from apple and slice into similarly sized ½-inch cubes. You should end up with roughly 16-20 cubes of each.
- Take a small (4-inch) skewer and thread one apple cube, a bundle of arugula, one California Prune, and one cube of cheddar onto it. Place skewer on a serving platter and repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Once all skewers are made, drizzle honey overtop of them and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Feel free to adjust recipe as needed to use up all ingredients, or to increase the number of servings!
- Fold the arugula in half to make it a smaller bundle. It will stay in place well when you add the California Prune to the skewers.
- The thyme will stick onto the skewers best if you place it onto the parts covered in honey.
- To avoid browning of the apples, make this recipe as close to serving as possible (within 2 hours). Store skewers in the fridge as needed to help slow the browning process. Add the honey and thyme just before serving.